Thursday, January 15, 2015

Trees: A Different Kind of Post.

This past summer, as I was pondering upon the "haves" and the "have nots" (whoever they can be defined to be), I came across the poem below. It speaks for itself I think. This was at a time where I felt a bit disenchanted with a one Mr. Ginobili, a "have" that turned out to be far less than what I had at one time envisioned (A one sentence explanation for several years of work nullified). This concept of small versus large, "haves" versus "have nots" is captured pretty well in the poem below. 

The vaunted oak,
From FreeFoto.com
Must stand as I.
Upon the ground,
Beneath the sky.

The birch and beech,
The same must do.
Roots in terra,
Still bind them too.

Yet I can fly,
To further height,
Than redwoods reach,
In flora’s flight.

Do trees pay mind,
To those below?
Or feign they blind,
From whence they grow?

What trees have glimpsed,
I too have gazed.
I’ve viewed the veils,
Of heaven raised.

I’ve seen the low,
Both bad and good,
Who with trees since,
Have same place stood.

No comments:

Post a Comment